Sunday, June 24, 2012

Spending so much time on the road the last two days has been tiring but worth it. I have gained some great shots and about 100 times more pictures I probably will never use. Out in Pinetop, AZ its really easy to get out of the town lights. Only 10 miles out of town and just 150 yards down a dirt road you can escape any and all light pollution. I have been working in the past to try to photograph stars, but with only having a few gems. Most of the time they cam out to orange and with way to much noise or not enough light and the stars do not show up. Here are three that I took that came out really well.

All were taken with a Nikon D300 with a 10.5mm Fish eye.
 Above: 2.8 f-stop 200 seconds(3min 20sec) shutter speed Iso 250
Left : 2.8 f-stop 99 seconds(1min 39sec) shutter speed Iso 250
Below: 2.8 f-stop 740 seconds(12min 20sec) shutter speed Iso 250
I am really glad that I am finally getting the hang of taking pictures of stars. I have yet to get a great picture of star streaks. The one to the left is the best star streak picture I have captured, and prior to this the best star gazing photo I had captured was the one below(D300, 10.5mm Fish Eye, 2.8 f-stop, 42 seconds, Iso640) You cant quite see it this small but there is an airplane on the bottom, just left and up from the two orange lights at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment